This page contains information about the conference. If a question is not answered here please contact us.
Refreshments, Lunch and Breaks
There will be refreshments of Tea, Coffee, Water (hot & cold) and Biscuits in the 14 minute morning and afternoon breaks.
There is also a lunch break of 1 hour 15 minutes each day. You can either bring a packed-lunch or you may purchase food from:
- Hotel Bar (downstairs). The bar menu contains a number of dishes catering for all tastes, however a top-tip is to take advantage of the £5.95 special-offers which aren't on the printed menu. In previous years, this has included: Fish & Chips, Burger & Chips and Steak & Chips;
- Hotel Restaurant (upstairs);
- Traditional English Pub a few minutes walk away which serves excellent food. There is often a good number of delegates who have attended previous conferences that enjoy visiting this pub for lunch, whilst also stretching their legs. If you'd like directions, contact a member of the conference staff;
Tip: At EmoTrance 2011, it was cheaper to book into the hotel restaurant at reception rather than in the restaurant itself. There was also special offers at the bar not mentioned in the menu so please ask staff for assistance
Hotel and Accommodation
Introducing the Britannia Gatwick London Europa Hotel
The hotel always offers a warm welcome to delegates no matter whether they are coming from London, the rest of the UK or International via Gatwick International Airport nearby. We use this hotel for conferences time and time again because they successfully combine good value-for-money with excellent rail/road/airport links.
Booking Hotel Rooms
Accommodation is booked through us for your convenience and the cost including breakfast is:
- £45.00/night (double room - 1 person)
- £55.00/night (double room - 2 people)
- £55.00/night (twin room - 2 people)
To book hotel rooms:
- Online: Visit the registration page. If you've already booked your conference ticket then you'll need to untick conference because this is selected by default.
- By Phone: Call the AMT office on: +44 (0)1323 700 800
If you need to change your hotel room booking then contact us using the phone number above.
Note: If you book your hotel rooms through someone else then on check-in please do not tell reception that you are with the conference. This will delay and confuse reception staff because they will go through all the names on our group booking and panic when yours does not appear.
If you have booked a Hotel Room through us you will be able to check in to your room at 2pm on the day. Check-out time is 11.00am.
Delegates who have checked-out of their hotel room on a day of the conference or pre/post training days, may store their luggage at their own risk in the conference training hall, provided it does not get in the way and is not a safety risk. The hotel does offer a ‘left luggage’ facility if you are asked to move your luggage by us or a member of the hotel staff.
Swimming Pool, Hot-Tub, Sauna and Gym
Relaxing in the hot-tub and taking advantage of the hotels leisure facilities is highly recommended by conference staff. There is a nominal charge (~£10 / week or ~£4.00 / day) and you buy your pass at the hotel reception.
Remember to pack a swimming costume.
Contact The Hotel
- Phone: +44 (0)1293 886 666
- Address: Europa Gatwick London Hotel, Balcombe Road, Gatwick, West Sussex, RH10 7ZR, United Kingdom
Travel - Getting To The Hotel
Europa Gatwick London Hotel,
If you are driving to the Europa Gatwick Airport Hotel south-bound from London down the M23 motorway, take the Junction 10A. Turn right at the roundabout and the Europa Hotel is located on your right hand side.
If you are driving north-bound from Brighton up the M23 then you need to turn round at Junction 10, since junction 10A is only available on the south-bound carriage way.
The hotel has free car parking for conference delegates. Neither us or the hotel accepts liability for any damage or loss occurring in the car park. For more information, please contact the hotel on: +44 (0)1293 886 666
The closest train station is Three Bridges (1.5 miles)
Gatwick Airport train station is 5 miles from Europa Gatwick hotel. Situated in South terminal is a courtesy bus that runs 24 hours a day every 45 minutes on a first come first serve basis to and from the airport. You can walk from the courtesy coach pick up point to train station which is clearly signposted in the terminal.
Gatwick International Airport
The hotel operates a Gatwick Airport shuttle service which offers door-to-door delivery to/from the airport. This is free from Airport->Hotel, but the hotel charges for this service Hotel->Airport (approx £5.00) and you may need to book a seat on the bus during busy times.
Please contact the hotel for a time schedule and booking if required on 00 44 1293 886 666.
Hiring a taxi is an alternative to taking the shuttle-bus to the airport and can be arranged with hotel reception for a fixed price of £11.50. This could be particularly cost-effective if you share the taxi between a number of people.
Note: Information about the hotel is correct as of 12th October 2010
Map Of Hotel
View Larger Map